Wednesday, July 9, 2014

It's been a year.

Wow.
This has been the greatest year of my life.
I've loved it all.
I always wanted to be an oil painter, now I am.
And a year from now, I'll be so much better, today's painting will look like kindergarten finger painting.
This past month has been a little difficult. We've been helping our kids, visiting with family, and doing family vacation.
Then I had a mini stroke, and I've been visiting doctors and doing the HORRIBLE MRI thing.
But I keep painting.
And I'll paint again soon.
I want to enter something into the State Fair. I really need to get busy to do that.
I'm also going to be taking my easel out and trying some Plein Aire Painting experiences.
I've just got to let the weather cool off a little first.
Stay tuned.

In the meantime, here's a seascape I tried today.
I really need to work at this. It's harder for me than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment