Friday, May 30, 2014

I’ve reached a plateau.


It’s not that there’s any trouble or anything.
I’m just not seeing the huge improvement that I used to see each time I painted.
But that’s okay. I knew I would reach a plateau. The trick is not to stop. I have to keep painting.
I still love it with all my heart.
They say that we can’t see improvement in our lives until time passes, and we stop and look back on what we have done.
I hope that’s true for my painting.
So, I’ve now painted 50 canvases.  I think I’m succeeding at being regular and diligent with my practice.
I also recently turned 50.
One of my goals is to become a really competent painter during my 50th year.
I hope I’m accomplishing that.
So, here’s a couple of my latest paintings. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
I’ll keep going.
In fact, I have to scenes that I’m painting tomorrow.
Maybe one will be a miracle.

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment