Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I’m going through changes

My set up for painting has been cumbersome up till now. I’ve been using a ceramic tile covered in wax paper for a palette. I’ve been laying out a big piece of board on the kitchen table where I arrange all my tools.
Now I’ve gone out and purchased an actual, Plexiglas, artist’s palette. It’s made a change immediately. I like using the palette, but I will admit that I have lifted my palette vertically a couple of times and stained my shirt with paint.
I bought a folding table at the Desert Industries thrift shop. I can organize my paints, supplies and tools in a more compact manner. The result so far has been that I have achieved a new concentration on my work.
One of the reasons that I’m so happy with my changes is that I understand that it’s important that I avoid getting too deeply entrenched in bad habits.
I don’t even want bad habits in my style of painting. No ruts.
That’s one of the reasons that I’m taking different kinds of instruction, and trying to fix paintings after I have finish and when I’m not satisfied with the final result.
Below is one if the paintings I fixed.
I loved it after I finished it. Great story: I called my good friend Memo after I finished this one, and I asked him if he would like to have it. He said he would love to have it, and so I took it to him and had a lovely lunch with him.

That’s what my painting is all about. That’s why I’m doing this. I want to see what new directions painting will bring to my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment